EGOV APP STORE
The eGov AppStore available at http://apps.gov.in is a National level common repository of productized applications, components, mobile applications and web services that can be re-used by various government agencies/ departments at Centre and in the States, with the vision to accelerate delivery of e-services as envisaged under NeGP and optimise the ICT spending of the government.
Core and common applications that have high demand and are replicable across the central and state levels are available on the eGov AppStore.
Following are the objectives for setting up the eGov AppStore:
• To speed up the development and deployment of eGov applications
• To replicate successful applications across the States in an easy manner
• To avoid duplication of effort and cost in development of similar application
• To ensure availability of certified applications following common standards at one place
• To provide a complete eco-system for application deployment & use
The eGov App Store operates in collaboration mode with all the stakeholders and under the guidance and policy framework of Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY). It also provides technical guidance to the contributors on how to develop the applications in the productized form or reengineer the already developed applications, how to migrate & install the applications and any user related queries.