OLD AGE PENSION SCHEME
Objective or Description:
- OAPS Scheme is one of the main scheme through which GoPY extend a helping hand by way of a monthly financial assistance to Old Age Persons or Widows or Deserted Women or Unmarried Women and Transgender so that they could defray some petty personal expenses without depending on others.
- This web application assists the Department of Women and Child Development to distribute pension for Old Age, Destitute, Eunuch and Un Married and Widow Pensioners.
- This application brings effective administration and transparency in the department towards the payment of pension to the pensioners with convenient payment options.
- One of the main objectives of the application is to make 100% payment of pension electronically through ECS and Aadhaar Payment.
- Information retrieval made easy for future reference in connection with RTI etc.
- Data porting to any national requirement becomes easy.
- This Application Implemented in Puducherry Region for WCD Department. More than 1 lack monthly pensioners (99%) paid electronically through OAPS application.
- Encashment from Bank by department become greatly reduced which enable them to make payment fast.
- Handling money by hand of Anganwadi workers minimized.
- Pensioners can withdraw the amount at their convenient time.
- Accountability as the money is being paid to the pensioner’s account directly on the settlement date itself. Also reduced the pain of the pensioners.
- Duplicate Pensioners are removed by comparing the Aadhaar numbers and Bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
National Informatics Centre,
4th Floor, Chief Secretariat,