NIC joined hands with MEA to overhaul the citizen interface for issuance of Passport. Since then, the process has improved on a day-to-day basis. In this journey, the most important reward has been a better level of comfort to our citizens seeking a passport. The computerization of passport office, Ranchi was entrusted to NIC during 2003.
Passport Control & Issuance System (PCIS) is complete solution which starts with the submission of application for passport. The details are entered and a number of checks, local as well as online with central database are carried out before the passport is printed out for distribution. The work of individual passport office may be divided into various stages of computerization.
These can be categorized as follows:
- Acceptance and processing of applications
- Revenue management
- Police report linking
- PAC checking
- Objection letters
- Granting and Allotment of passports
- Passport booklet accounting
- Machine-Printed passports
- Dispatch of passports
- Storage and retrieval of passport data.
- Monitoring of performance of PIAs.
- Increased security through checks.
- Management of undelivered passports
- MIS/Statistical Reports
- E-mail /Internet services
- Across the counter Enquiry
National Informatics Centre (NIC)
Jharkhand State Centre
2nd Floor, Engineers Hostel-II, Dhurwa