The basic object of the Right to Information Act is to empower the citizens,promote transparency and accountability in the working of the Government,contain corruption, and make our democracy work for the people in real sense.It goes without saying that an informed citizen is better equipped to keep necessary vigil on the instruments of governance and make the government more accountable to the governed.The Act is a big step towards making the citizens informed about the activities of the Government.
NIC as a Public Authority designated Public Information Officer (PIO) and Appellate Authority (AA) for citizens to secure access to information and published the Proactive Disclosures in accordance with the provisions of the Act in October 2005.
- EMPLOYEES OF NIC
- RULES, REGULATIONS, INSTRUCTIONS,MANUALS,RECORDS AND ST Policy
- FORMS FOR RTI
- PROCEDURE FOR PROCESSING OF REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION
- ELECTRONIC FORMS
- BUDGET, PLANS AND EXPENDITURE
- CONSULTATION OR REPRESENTATION BY PUBLIC
- CATEGORIES OF DOCUMENTS
- NORMS FOR DISCHARGE OF FUNCTIONS
- PROCEDURES OF DECISION MAKING,INCLUDING CHANNELS OF SUPERVISION AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- POWERS AND DUTIES
- PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICERS
- ORGANISATION AND DUTIES