National Informatics Centre is the nodal Information Technology organization for informatics development and networking in Government and Government related Organizations
NIC has established a satellite based nationwide VSAT Network called NICNET. Presently, NIC VSAT Network NICNET has been offering network services over Ku-band VSATs such as DVB Broadband and SCPC DAMA/PAMA to its user organization for data, voice and video applications.
NICNET VSATs have been deployed widely in the districts of India. These district centers have been provided with DVB Broadband /DAMA VSATs. NICNET VSAT Network is used widely for the delivery of various G2G and G2C applications delivery across the country. Many nationwide projects are currently using NICNET.
NIC has established Disaster Recovery Center at NIC Hyderabad to enable the continuity of VSAT operations at user’s premises, whenever there is a failure at Delhi.
SATCOM Division is providing VSAT connectivity for delivering their e-Gov services to various State/Central Government sponsored projects like:-
- CSCs in North East and other geographically difficult areas in the country.
- NDRF Battalions for facilitating relief and rescue work in various disaster situations anywhere in the country.
- Department of Community and Rural Development, Government of Meghalaya
- Taxation Department, Government of Meghalaya
- Treasuries and Finance Services, Government of Uttarakhand
- Commercial Tax Department, Government of Uttarakhand
- Department of Information Technology, Union Territory of Lakshadweep
- And many more