The National Informatics Centre (NIC), in Haryana, has setup ICT infrastructure, computing power, Networking & Communication facilities at State Capital Chandigarh (covering Haryana Civil Secretariat, Haryana New Secretariat, High Court, Chief Minister's Office, 30 Bays Building, Haryana Vidhan Sabha, Advocate General Office, Finance Department and Haryana Raj Bhawan and managing the infrastructure at Secretariat for Information Technology (SIT) Haryana), and all districts of Haryana. NIC is actively functioning in Haryana since August 1988 and has been instrumental in bringing ICT culture & awareness in Government of Haryana across the state.
NIC has established SAN based Data Centre with 10 TB storage capacities at HCS. All dynamic web contents of Intranet/web enabled applications and official e-mail accounts are hosted on this data Centre. More than 5500 official e-mail accounts on http://haryana.gov.in/ e-mail server. All districts are connected over NICNET WAN with MLL & VSATs. NIC actively assisted Haryana government in implementation of State Wide Area Network (SWAN) project as per guidelines of DIT GOI. Haryana SWAN was inaugurated as Ist SWAN of India on 5th Feb., 2008. The Video Conferencing facility has been established at State HQ. & 20 Districts in Haryana. Horizontal Connectivity to offices l;ike Posts Department has been provided at all districts and a MAN has been set at Chandigarh, connecting major office complexes of Haryana Govt. NIC has been providing Technical consultancy and ICT advisory services to State e-Governance society, State Level IT Steering Committee (IT-PRISM), State Technical Committee (STC), IT Task Force and District IT Societies in respective districts. NIC-HRSC ICT professionals are functioning as sector coordinators for various departments/organizations for providing ICT services.
The State and Central Government has been giving emphasis on conceptualization and implementation of Mission Mode e-Governance Projects of National e-Governance Plan (NeGP), where-in State IT Department facilitate the line departments/organizations and NIC-HRSC provide advisory & Consultancy services on technical aspects. A well-defined system for the systematic approval of the departmental IT action plans is in place. In Haryana, till date more than 100 IT Plans/Projects have been approved by IT-PRISM, and the NIC-HRSC has been involved in 100% project proposals (more than 50 projects prepared solely and 10 jointly with state PSU. All projects were technically evaluated as technical experts to STC/IT-PRISM). A number of policies like State's IT Policy, web policy, ROW Policy, e-Mail Policy, IT-Plans preparation guidelines, Contractual Manpower hiring policy etc. are in place in Haryana. Most of the approved projects are at various stages of development & implementation and a significant progress has already been achieved on a number of projects. More than 25,000 employees have been trained under Capacity Building initiatives.
1. Treasuries: OTIS: On-Line Treasuries Information System implemented at 100% treasuries & Sub treasuries (103 sites). OTIS received Microsoft e-Governance award 2006.
2. Property Registration: HARIS: Haryana Registration Information System implemented in all Tehsils and Sub-Tehsils covering 100% locations. An increase of up to 40% recorded in revenue collection after implementation of HARIS.
3. Land Records: HALRIS: Haryana Land Records Information System is being implemented for all districts. The ROR (Nakal) services are being provided from Tehsils and the ROR data of most of the Tehsils have been made available on Internet. HARIS has been dynamically integrated with HALRIS. The project received “Silver Icon Award” & a “Bronze Icon Award” at 8th & 9h national e-governance conferences in Feb. 2005 & Feb., 2006.
4. Commercial Taxes: VATMaCS: Value Added Tax Monitoring, Assessment & Collection System being implemented at all 21 DETCs offices. The VATMaCS received “Golden Icon Award” at 8th national e-governance conference in Feb, 2005.
5. Education: Successfully implemented On-Line Off-Campus Counseling project for Haryana Engineering Admissions as First state in India. The project received Gold Icon Award at 11th National e-Governance Conference in Feb., 2008 and the project also received CSI-Nihilant e-Governance Excellence Award of “Excellent Project” in December 2008. Functions of School Education Board automated. The project BOSE (Board Of School Education) Haryana - Administrative Re-engineering of processes, publishing of results of students of Middle, Matric and Plus two exams alongwith issuing of provisional certificates received “Golden Icon Award” at 8th national e-governance conference in Feb, 2005. The project RTB: Results Through Binocular – In depth on-line analysis of results of BOSE received a “Bronze Icon Award” at 9h national e-governance conference during Feb, 2006. The BOSE project also received Skoch e-Governance Excellence Award in March 2008.
6. Health: Suite of software packages under e-Health.Net project of Health Department implemented at CMO level. The project Health Care System & e-Health.net received “Silver Icon Award” at 8th national e-governance conference during Feb, 2005.
7. Social Welfare: HaPPIS: Haryana Pensions Processing & Information System for more than 12 lacs pensioners. The project received “Silver Award” during 6th national e-Governance Conference on 24/10/2002.
8. Food & Civil Supplies: e-Food.Net: Web Enabled Food Procurement & Storage Monitoring System, at all districts. he e.Food.Net project received "Merit Citation Award” at 7th national e-governance conference on 13/11/2003.
9. e-DISHA Common Service Centers: One District level e-DISHA Center (DleDC) established at each districts. The pilot project at Kaithal received CSI-Nihilent e-Governance best project “runners-up” award on 14/06/2004. Assisted GoHr in rolling out 100% rural CSCs (e-DISHA Ekal Sewa Kendras) on PPP model as per GOI guidelines, as first state in country.
10. State Portal: www.haryana.gov.in Single window web based delivery of information and State Government services at the State level. The portal received “Merit Citation Award” award at 7th national e-governance conference hennai on 13/11/2003.
11. Municipalities: HACIS: House Tax Assessment & Collection Information System implemented for all 68 municipalities The database has more than 10 lacs properties records. The Tax collection was increased from Rs. 3.3 Crore to Rs. 50 Crore just in one year.
12. Road Transport: Driving License Issuance System and Vehicle Registration System including Sarthi & Vahan are being implemented at more than 40 SDM offices. The complete automation of Roadways depots; pilot at Chandigarh Depot completed. Being replicated in all other depots now.
13. Agriculture: Agriculture Marketing Network project implemented at all Mandies. Comprehensive IT plan and Web Site of Agriculture department, DACNET project for ICAR institutes. Mustered Procurement Management System at Rohtak received “Silver Icon Award” under special sector category at 11th National e-Governance Conference in Feb., 2008
14. Police: Police Network established. A suite of 09 software packages developed & implemented. The Dynamic Web Portal with citizen services. CIPA implemented at all major police stations.
15. Employment Exchanges: Employment Exchange Registration Information System (Registration, Vacancy Booking & Submission) implemented at district exchanges. Web portal for Job seekers. Central web enabled system at pilot site.
16. E-District: Established LAN, IT training lab and District level e-DISHA Centers in each district mini secretariat & implemented Revenue Courts System, Arm Licenses, Certificates Issuing etc.
17. e-Office/e-Administration: Suite of 06 G2G Packages has been Standardized across the state. CefMaTIS: Centralized File Movement and Tracking Information System & other packages being implemented.
18. Finance: e-Finance.Net: Workflow based State Annual Budget Preparation & Release Monitoring System over LAN and Interactive Website. Loan & Advances Monitoring System.
19. e-Courts: ISHiCo at High Court and SOCJIS (Workflow based Justice Delivery & Judicial Information System) for Sub Ordinate Courts developed and implemented at High Court and pilot districts Ambala, Patiala and Panchkula judicial court complexes, in a Network environment. The ICT infrastructure being created at all subordinate court complexes under e-Court project.
20. Pensions: Employees dynamic web Portal for Accountant General Haryana for GPF information & pensions have more than 15 million records for 3.0 Lakh employees.
21. Special Projects: NIC-HRSC has been actively involved in development & implementation of special projects like Government e-Procurements System, Smart Card based Ration Cards & e-PDS, DISNIC-Plan Ph-II, AgRIS, IntraGov-Haryana Portal with Integrated e-Office Suite, Centrally sponsored projects, Haryana High offices e-Governance projects and State sector specific e-Governance projects, Central MMPs and actively involved in consultancy and advisory services to state Govt on DIT GoI funded MMPs like SWAN, SDC, e-District, SSDG, India Portal, State Portal, Capacity Building etc.
22. Overall Performance ranking of e-Governance Projects : Extensive information compilation, documentation, interactions with Jury Panels & Survey Teams, organizing field visits and demonstration of e-Governance practices significantly helped Haryana to achieve:
- Received India Tech foundation 2nd runners up award – 2003 for the most progressive states of India in e-Governance
- CSI-Nihilent e-governance excellence Winner’s award – 2004 for best e-Governed State (Young Category) government of Haryana,
- Telecom India Excellence Winner’s Award 2007 for Best e-governed State in e-Governance at International Conference.
- Status of leader in e-Governance readiness index of country, ranking at 4th position in India 4th Rank in Dataquest-IDC e-Governance Survey 2008 for “best e-Governed State of India”, places Haryana ahead of states like Andhra Pradesh, Karnatka, Goa, Gujarat, Maharastra etc.