NIC has established Open Technology Group (OTG) to spearhead the technology exploration and provision support services for adoption of OSS in various e-Governance Projects and applications under NIC and NeGP program of DeitY. NIC-OTG is mandated to facilitate strategic control of Open Technology within NIC and spearhead the knowledge centric activities in e-Governance Projects all over India.
The Open Technology Group (OTG) , National Informatics Centre (NIC) has implemented the Open Technology Group Project (OTC) ( A Grant-in-Aid Project ) of Department of Electronics & (DeitY), Government of India (GoI) during the period (April 2007- March 2015).
Key Technology Services supported by OTG
1. CMS/Portal using Drupal
2. Open Web Platform
3.Database Replication using SymmetricDS
4. Database Migration to PostgreSQL
5. Single Sign on Solution using CAS
6. Verification Services based on 2D Barcode
7. Platform independent Digital Signature Certificate
8. Recommendation of Open Source Stack after due evaluation
9. Bundled OSS Stack for Development, Staging & Deployment
10. Capacity Building & Hand holding on Recommended Open Source Stack
11 Provisioning Support for recommended stack
12.Performance Tuning of Open Source Application Servers
Also the Group participates in the Open Source related activites of NeST project of DeitY implemented by NICSI with STQC as technology partner.
Open Technology Group,
National Informatics Centre (NIC),
(DeitY, MCIT, Govt of India)
STPI Campus, First Floor,
No. 5, Rajiv Gandhi Salai,
Data not available