Launch of NIC developed “Lifeline Udan” to enable coordination between agencies for operating cargo flights for transportation of COVID-19 related medical equipments
April 1, 2020
A website for Lifeline Udan flights has been developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC) and MoCA in a record span of three days to enable seamless coordination between various agencies for operating cargo flights for transportation of COVID-19 related medical equipments.
The website allows state governments and airlines to upload their consignment and flight details respectively, in advance. The aviation ministry control room then assigns the cargo consignments to different flights and coordinates with multiple stakeholders till the consignment reaches its destination.
Unique features of the website are:
1. Online registration and login
2. Upload/Edit/Delete flight and consignment details
3. Auto fill form from previous records
4. Sorting and searching of tabular data.
5. Responsive website: works on mobile devices