NIC Kerala team felicitated by Hon’ble Minister for Food and Civil Supplies, Kerala
November 5, 2019
The Ration Card Management System, developed by NIC Kerala was awarded the Government of Kerala ‘Award of Recognition’ by Shri. Thilothaman P, Hon’ble Minister for Food and Civil Supplies, Government of Kerala, on 02nd November 2019 at Ernakulam, Kerala.
The Ration Card Management System is one of the five major components of end-to-end computerization of the Public Distribution System. The digitization of beneficiary data in the State was completed in 2016 and presently, there are approximately 86 lakh ration cards. The ration cards were categorized into four types using the Ranking software, which was developed and implemented by NIC Kerala.
Features of RCMS
- Facilitates upload of mandatory certificates that are required for each service
- Facilitates the upload of scanned signed application for processing at TSO, thus avoiding frequent visits by the card holder to the TSO/CRO.
- Card holders are able to electronically transfer the ration card or members from one TSO to another TSO
- Citizens can apply for ration card services from anywhere at any time. Ration card history data available
- Totally eliminates the need for data entry at TSOs/CROs
- SMS alerts to card holders on submission of application and also when processing of application is completed
- Status of application available online on the public portal)
- Ration cards reports integrated with Digi Locker.
- Dash boards for various level of offices and officers
- MIS reports for monitoring the progress and performance of data entry operators at TSOs/CROs
- 254578 applications were submitted by citizens online, 1736387 applications through Akshaya Centers and 1710387 applications at TSOs/CROs. (Total – 3701802)
- De-duplication of ration cards.