Farmer Registration and Uniﬁed beneﬁciary Information System
The Government of Karnataka launched Farmer Registration and a Uniﬁed beneﬁciary Information System (FRUITS) portal to organise and scrutinize the data of farmers about their land, crops grown, weather forecast with respect to their land location.
Developed by NIC in association with DPAR-AR(e-Gov), FRUITS also facilitates entitlement-based benefit distribution without involving apply-scrutiny-sanction-payment process.
- Farmers’ Registration – Once in lifetime registration for farmers.
- Beneficiary data base – Beneficiary Management System applications of agriculture and allied departments for fetching farmer data and to make payments to farmers using the state DBT portal
- Other integrations – Crop survey of each plot using GIS based mobile app
- Weather data – Fetches daily weather and rainfall data and provides to users based on the location of the land
To help the farmers registered in FRUITS web portal, an android based mobile app is developed exclusively for the registered farmers to have updated information about their land details, crops grown, weather and forecasting with respect to their village where their land located.
FRUITS mobile app also enables farmers to know the benefits are they have availed from agriculture and allied departments. Farmers can provide feedback about FRUITS software using mobile app either by typing or by recording the voice message. Mobile app also facilitates to know NPCI seeding status of farmers.
FRUITS is being extensively used for implementation of various schemes across the departments, few examples are:
- for providing financial assistance by Horticulture department to coconut farmers whose coconut palms had dried up or become unproductive due to continuous drought
- PM-KISAN scheme implemented with FRUITS in the background by the agriculture department. Besides, additional Rs. 4000.00 paid to farmers under state scheme. More than 55 lakh farmers benefitted.
- MSP programme is being implemented since 2018. So far it is used for Paddy, Ragi, Jowar, Tur, Bengal gram, ground nut, and Ball copra by respective departments / agencies using FRUITS. Around 5 lakh farmers get benefit each year and payment was done directly to farmers’ account.
- Financial assistance provided to farmers affected due to COVID-19 related lock down by Agriculture and Horticulture department. Around 10 lakh farmers benefitted.
- Karnataka Milk Federation (KMF) uses FRUITS to pay milk incentives to approximately 9 lakh milk pourers every month.
- Agriculture Lending uses FRUITS to create charges and encumbrance in RoR through electronic integration with
- Kaveri (Land registration application of registration dept.)
- Advisory Services uses FRUITS data to send SMS to target farmers based on location, crop grown, stage of the crop and livestock owned.
For more information, kindly visit :https://fruits.karnataka.gov.in/