National Judicial Data Grid
Online Repository of Case Statistics
National Judicial Data Grid (NJDG), a ﬂagship project implemented under the aegis of the e-Committee Supreme Court of India, is a system for monitoring pendency and disposal of the cases in High Courts and Subordinate Courts. NJDG provides a comprehensive database of orders, judgements, and case details of District and Subordinate Courts and High Courts. The statistics of pendency at National, State, District and at Individual Court level is available to anyone visiting the National Judicial Data Grid portal.
It also serves as a decision support system to the management authorities like Supreme Courts and respective High Courts, to monitor pendency on varied attributes for effective decision-making.
- NJDG provides the consolidated figures of pendency of cases in Judiciary
- Statistical data is automatically updated daily
- Pending Civil and Criminal Cases segregated into varied categories
- Information pertaining to Institution and Disposal of cases is shown
- Statistical figures are provided in drill-down manner
- Serves as National Judicial Data Warehouse
- Developed using elastic search technology
- Works as a monitoring tool to identify, manage & reduce pendency of cases
- Helps to provide timely inputs for making policy decisions to reduce delays in disposal of cases
- Facilitates better monitoring of court performance and thus, serves as an efficient resource management tool
- Promotes transparency and access of information for all the stakeholders
NJDG has brought huge transparency and accountability in the system by displaying complete pendency and disposal of cases across the country in public domain. NJDG has been instrumental for judicial planning, monitoring and remote administration by High Court judges, District Judges, and High Court Registry. Timely inputs from NJDG are assisting the authorities in framing policies and making decisions towards judicial governance.
NJDG is acknowledged as innovation under the Ease of Doing Business initiative of the Government of India.
For more details, kindly visit:https://njdg.ecourts.gov.in