NIC FORMS – A UTILITY SYSTEM TO FACILITATE EASY DATA COLLECTION
NIC Forms is a utility product developed at NIC Madhya Pradesh that facilitates government employees in data collection from several sources, by providing facilities to create and publish forms easily, with little or no programming knowledge. Using NIC forms tool, one can design formats to collect and organize information big or small. With user friendly form management facility, creation, sharing and management, in other words, complete lifecycle of data collection forms is accomplished. Government employees, having @email@example.com email, can onboard into this platform using simple email verification process and start using NIC Forms application.
- Generic Application Solution
- No Programming Expertise and Efforts
- Data Reporting/Analytics: Data can be shared in the form of web reports, downloadable Excel/CSV formats or REST APIs
- Manage Lifecycle: Once the purpose of a form is fulfilled it can be deactivated /deleted easily
- Different Modes of Form Sharing: Allow public / specific users (password protected) form sharing, for data entry.
- Audit Trail: Data audit trails for accountability.
- Mobile Interface: Although Forms designed are responsive and can work on any screen, to ensure always available target user android mobile application is also available. With mobile application one can send instant push notification regarding data collection.
- Print Acknowledgments: Print acknowledgments for every form response for reference Ids.
- Data Validation: Restrict user from making irrelevant data entries with built-in form validations and other form element settings.
- Local Language Support: (Unicode) for designing forms and collecting responses.
- Multiple Form Themes: Different form themes to match user requirements.
- Reusable Form Templates: Use from form templates gallery to design your form.
- Efforts involved in developing altogether a new application every time for simple data capturing can be avoided. A single form (with web/mobile UIs) and report can solve the problem.
- The process of new application hosting, domain name registrations, SSL integrations and security audits can be avoided for data collection related requirements.
- Development of mobile application afresh for every simple data collection process can be avoided.
- Saves efforts of users who are indulged in creating forms and applications in tedious ways for simple data collection and analytics.