Right to Information Act, 2005
The basic object of the Right to Information Act is to empower the citizens,promote transparency and accountability in the working of the Government,contain corruption, and make our democracy work for the people in real sense.It goes without saying that an informed citizen is better equipped to keep necessary vigil on the instruments of governance and make the government more accountable to the governed.The Act is a big step towards making the citizens informed about the activities of the Government.
NIC as a Public Authority designated Public Information Officer (PIO) and Appellate Authority (AA) for citizens to secure access to information and published the Proactive Disclosures in accordance with the provisions of the Act in October 2005.
Guidelines on RTI Act 2005
Documents under Section 4(1)(b):- NIC(Hq.)
- The particulars of its organisation, functions and duties
The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability
- Delegation of Powers 2.50 MB
- The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions
- A directory of its officers and employees
The budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made 9.25 KB
The manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes
- NIC(Hq.) -Not Applicable
Particulars of concessions, permits or authorizations granted by it
- NIC(Hq.) -Not Applicable
- Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form, The following areas/applications have been computerized in NIC:
The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use:
- The Office of CPIO (RTI) is located on 6th Floor, NIC HQ (Room No.627). The information pertaining to NIC is also available on http://www.nic.in/ in detail.
- RTI application shall be accompanied by an application fee of Rs. 10/- by demand draft or bankers cheque or IPO payable to the Accounts Officer, NIC or DDO, NIC.Court Fees is not acceptable.
- Forms for RTI 95.96 KB
- Forms for RTI (Bilingual) 376.89 KB
- The names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers
Programmes to advance understanding of RTI
Educational programmes for CPIO, PIO, Technical and Non Technical Officers of NIC
- 21st Workshop on Right to Information Act, 2005 in ISTM, Delhi from 11th to 13th June, 2018
- Two days OSP on RTI for NIC Officials handling RTI matters at ISTM, New Delhi on 3-4th August, 2017
- Workshop on 14th October 2019 on RTI for Technical and Non Technical Officers / Staff of NIC at NIC HQ and through Video Conferencing for State and UT Centres.
Efforts to encourage public authority to participate in these programmes
- Induction Training for Scientist B from 6th May to 24th May 2019
- Introduction to RTI Act 2005 on 23rd May 2019 during the Induction Training for Scientist B from 6th May to 24th May 2019
- Introduction to RTI Act 2005 on 31st October 2018 during the Induction Training for New Recruits and ST-A from 11th October to 1st November 2018
Such other information as may be prescribed
- Public Private partnership NIC (Hq.) -Not Applicable
- Publication of Tender Enquiries 7.95 KB
- Information relating to Work Order / AMC and Empanelment from Service Support Section 1.12 MB
- Information relating to Work Order / AMC and Empanelment from Tender Process Section 192.68 KB
- NIC information relating to RTI Applications (April 2018 to December 2019) 311.12 KB
- Status of RTI Applications and Appeals (January 2019 to December 2019) 8.58 KB
- Process of redress of grievances 6.56 KB
- CAG and PAC Para NIC (HQ) 7.63 KB
- Discretionary and non discretionary item NIC (HQ) 42.11 KB