Right to Information Act, 2005
The basic object of the Right to Information Act is to empower the citizens,promote transparency and accountability in the working of the Government,contain corruption, and make our democracy work for the people in real sense.It goes without saying that an informed citizen is better equipped to keep necessary vigil on the instruments of governance and make the government more accountable to the governed.The Act is a big step towards making the citizens informed about the activities of the Government.
NIC as a Public Authority designated Public Information Officer (PIO) and Appellate Authority (AA) for citizens to secure access to information and published the Proactive Disclosures in accordance with the provisions of the Act in October 2005.
Documents under Section 4(1)(b):- NIC(Hq.)
- The particulars of its organisation, functions and duties
The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability
- Delegation of Powers 2.50 MB
- The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions
- A directory of its officers and employees
The budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made 44.72 KB
The manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes
- NIC(Hq.) -Not Applicable
Particulars of concessions, permits or authorizations granted by it
- NIC(Hq.) -Not Applicable
- Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form, The following areas/applications have been computerized in NIC:
The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use:
- The Office of CPIO (RTI) is located on 6th Floor, NIC HQ (Room No.627). The information pertaining to NIC is also available on http://www.nic.in/ in detail.
- RTI application shall be accompanied by an application fee of Rs. 10/- by demand draft or bankers cheque or IPO payable to the Accounts Officer, NIC or DDO, NIC.Court Fees is not acceptable.
- Forms for RTI 95.96 KB
- Forms for RTI (Bilingual) 376.89 KB
- The names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers
Such other information as may be prescribed
- Public Private partnership NIC (Hq.) -Not Applicable
- Publication of Tender Enquiries 7.95 KB
- Information relating to Work Order / AMC and Empanelment from Infrastructure (General and Data Centre) Section 828.32 KB
- Information relating to Work Order / AMC and Empanelment from Tender Purchase Section 337.36 KB
- NIC information relating to RTI Applications (April 2017 to March 2018) 122.13 KB
- Status of RTI Applications and Appeals (Jan'17 to June'18) 77.47 KB
- CAG and PAC Para NIC (HQ) 41.39 KB
- Discretionary and non discretionary item NIC (HQ) 42.11 KB
- National Informatics Centre Services Inc. (NICSI) a section-25 company under NIC