Meghraj – the Cloud Computing initiative of the Government of India, focuses to accelerate delivery of e-services in the country while optimizing ICT spending of the Government. It ensures optimum utilization of the infrastructure and speed up the development and deployment of eGov applications.
NIC Cloud Services offers variety of service models such as:
- Platform as a Service – PaaS provides pre-installed web and database servers so that you can publish and run web application without worrying about server setup.
- Infrastructure as a Service – IaaS provides you basic virtual compute infrastructure resources like CPU, Memory, Disk Storage attached to blank VMs with allowing you to install OS, using ISOs, from scratch and customization.
- Software as a Services – This provides on demand software service. SaaS is a software delivery model where users are not responsible for supporting the application or any of the components. The server infrastructure, OS and software is being managed by cloud services.
- Storage as a Service – This provides you on demand storage of various types including file storage and block storage etc. File and Block storage are methods to store data on NAS and SAN storage systems. Each storage volume can be treated as an independent disk drive and it can be controlled by external server operating system.
- Load Balancer as a Service – Load balancing Service allows you to efficiently get incoming network traffic requests distributed across a group of back-end servers (e.g. server farm / server pool). This service is available on demand for critical application requiring high availability and easy workload manageability.
- Resource Monitoring as a Service – This service helps you to monitor the cloud resources utilization and its availability with allowing you to analyse the utilization trends for critical server resources like CPU, Memory, Network I/O etc. This helps you for better capacity planning and provide a better end-user experience.
- Vulnerability Assessment Service – This service helps you to assess your Servers and networks for identifying the security vulnerabilities i.e. threats and risks they pose. A vulnerability assessment process detects and classifies system weaknesses in Servers, networks and communications equipment and predicts the effectiveness of countermeasures.
- Backup Service – Allows you to backup the data and application code lying inside the Cloud Servers based on various parameters like frequency, retention period etc.
- Application Performance Management (APM) Service – Application Performance Management (APM) provides the monitoring and management of performance, availability and user experience of software applications. APM strives to detect and diagnose complex application performance problems to maintain an expected level of service.
- Data Analytics (DA) as a Service – Data Analytics as a service (DA-SaaS) refers to the provision of analytics software and operations through web-delivered technologies. These types of solutions offer businesses an alternative to developing internal hardware setups just to perform business analytics.
- e-Granthalaya as a Service – e-Granthalaya is a Library Management Software. e-Granthalaya is useful for automation of in-house activities of libraries and to provide various online member services. The software provides built-in Web OPAC interface to publish the library catalog over Internet. The software is UNICODE Compliant thus, supports data entry in local languages.
- Agile as a Service – Agile development is combination of frameworks, tools and software practices adopted by self-organizing teams for delivering fast paced user centric software solutions. Practices and frameworks touch upon all the aspects of software development from planning (Scrum) to deployment and monitoring (DevOps).
- Load Testing as a Service – Load Testing helps in validating the application design and server infrastructure for expected concurrent user load wherein the system’s response is tested under varying load conditions simulating concurrent virtual users accessing the application under test.
- Artificial Intelligence as a Service – Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the simulation of human cognitive processes by machines. For this machine learns from data both structured and unstructured. AI models can be built using supervised learning, or semi-supervised learning, where the system can be used to search for patterns in the data and cluster them, and in next stage use such classes for further model training.However usually users donot have the necessary resources to harness AI because data crunching is a computationally intensive job.
- Website as a Service – Website as a Service (WaaS) provides you website design, development, hosting, maintenance and updates services through S3WaaS. S3WaaS – Secure, Scalable and Sugamya Website as a Service is aimed at providing GIGW compliant, intuitive, user friendly, high quality, and customizable websites to Government entities. SaaS model has been developed to Create, Deploy, Configure and Manage Accessible websites without much of effort and technical knowhow. The S3WaaS framework has been deployed on the infrastructure provided by the NIC Cloud.
- Public IP Service – A public IP address is an IP address that can be allocated to any of your application on cloud server to make it accessed over the Internet.
- Anti-virus Service – Virus protection is an important part of keeping the systems, applications and data in your cloud environment safe from viruses, spyware and other malware threats. Antivirus service is made available to cloud users as Managed Service.
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) Service – Web Application Firewall will help you to give extra protection for HTTP / web based applications with having applied a set of rules to an HTTP conversation and cover common attacks such as cross-site scripting (XSS) and SQL injection.
For more details please visit https://cloud.gov.in/
error: Content is protected !!